Looking for the best photo locations for your wedding portraits in Brisbane? Then look no further, as I have collated a list of what I think are the 5 best locations with the best vantage points of the Brisbane CBD. These locations are great if you are looking for the best place to have your wedding portraits taken and perhaps for your engagement photos.
Howard Smith Wharves
- Great location with uninterrupted views of the Brisbane city skyline.
Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- One of the best views in Brisbane and is just across the river which makes this spot super close. It allows you to see the city from a higher vantage point and is great at sunset.
- A bit of a drive if you are getting married in the city, however, this spot is located up on the mountain and has the most spectacular views of the city and the surrounds. For instance, you can even see out to the bay which makes this spot one of my favourites, especially at sunset.
Dockside, Kangaroo Point
- This location is amazing for shots with the story bridge. Once the sun starts to set, the bridge is lit up which makes this spot one of my all time favourites for portraits right on dusk. With the twinkling lights behind you and a stroll along the boardwalk it makes for the best wedding portraits! Take a look at a recent wedding I shot there – Hope & Stof.
Bartley’s Hill Lookout, Hamilton
- This location holds special meaning to me. It’s where my husband proposed! It is high up in Hamilton hill with a great view straight over the city. Just be mindful that it gets quite busy at night, however, right on sunset it allows for amazing portraits with the city landscape.